Feb 19, 2010

Couple of days...

Tuesday we went to the park so that some of the kids could get to swim, and they loved it. We ordered tickets to Mancora! So now we're going from 27/2 to 7/3, to spend a week there. We got tickets for 150 dollars for both of us, Cusco-Lima and Lima-Cusco. We will have to spend 17 hours in a bus to Mancora though, but we're looking so much forward to it!

Wednesday was a sad day, as James and Maddie had their last day at the centre. At night we went out to have some sort of goodbye-party. It was a funny night at Tequila Bar, and I am probably the only one who remembers all of it, reasonable as I am :D
Jaime and I got flowers from a kneeling Alex, and I was told by Manuel, Melanies boyfriend, that I have a lot of things to learn in life - for example the fact that stones are magical...! James also found that Alex lying on a bench was a very comfortable spot to sit on, much to Alex' regret.

After 3 amazing hours of sleep, we got up to go to the centre on thursday. We said a final goodbye to Maddie before we went, and met James in the house to say goodbye when we got back from school. The house feels a bit empty with only 3 volunteers now. Good thing is that we have now moved to the top floor an have a great view! Awesome :D

Today was a crazy day. There was carneval at the school, which equals crazy water fights and throwing coloured flour at each other.
After about an hour of water fights, I sat down in the grass, convinced that I was going to dry soon, as I was not that wet.
BUT some of the kids thought that I was absolutely not supposed to dry, and Vladi, Yelson, Carlos and Carlos dragged me to a huge tank of water, placed me directly under it and opened it.. I gave up trying to run away from them though I had been putting up quite a fight against the four boys, and ended up getting completely soaked.
Afterwards dear Eli brought the coloured flour. And yes, I was attacked by several kids, and yes, I was completely multi-coloured after a couple of minutes. Loco!

Where was Alex in all this mess? Of course, he was at the Rainbow Centre to fix a bed for Matilde! And of course he got back just in time to join the fun, more clean and certainly more dry part of the carneval - chopping a tree full of toys and balloons with an axe (and yes, all the kids did that with a real axe - not very scary!) while dancing around it.

Got back just in time for our Spanish lesson, and we will be leaving for Lake Titicaca in a couple of hours. Can't wait!

3 comments:

  1. haha it really does sound loco! :P can't wait to hear how Lake Titicaca is!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, i want to see ac covered in that flour! she must not have been very tilfreds with that... how is the spanish going btw?

    ReplyDelete