Feb 28, 2010

Mancora!

I was looking so much forward to go to the centre wednesday, but I found myself vomiting in the morning and was dragged to a doctor by Melanie. Was told that I had to go to the gringo (=traveller) clinic in Cusco, and so I did. Annoyed that I was not feeling that bad anymore, I had to get drop with some electrolytes and some other things 'cause apparently I had gotten myself salmonella, amoeba and a third thing that I don't remember the name of.
In case any of you don't know, the needles they put into your hand are huuuuuuge! And they had to switch them five times 'cause they couldn't find a vein.... Yay!

After trying to talk the nurses into letting me out, I was finally allowed to leave friday morning. Alex had spend two days at the centre painting faces and angels wings for the play, so I was excited about finally getting out of the hospital and being able to see the play that was on friday, the last day of summerschool. Still missed it 'cause I felt bad though, so I had to go to the house.
Fortunately I felt good saturday morning when we got up to catch our flight from Cusco to Lima!

We got off the plane and went directly to the bus station to catch a bus for Mancora. The bus left at 4pm, and we had food and drinks served by a funny man walking around the bus like a flight attendant with a trolley and a nice suit, asking if we would prefer coffee or tea with sugar.... Obviously we were not able to stay away from laughing at the very friendly man a couple of times, as he was coming over with a tray covered by a green cloth, offering readings such as Madagascar (the movie, turned into a childrens book) and other not very tempting magazines.
The bus was nice though, and we arrived at Mancora at about 9am this morning. We went to see Alex, the coordinater of the Mama Cocha centre in Los Organos (near Mancora), and went back to our hostel, the Point Hostel in Mancora.
Apparently we've arrived at a perfect day, 'cause tonight there's a fullmoon party at our hostel. Looking forward to a week in a vacation paradise with opportunities of surfing, horseback riding and lots of other stuff!

6 comments:

  1. hahaa i've had salmonella. it sucks :)

    but i guess petersen's wish came true...

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...i guess im just the lame third :(

    but dude...you guys and vacations!!! but they do all sound really nice!! i'm really sorry to hear about the needles! :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. hej i to badedyr håber ferien bekommer jer vel og at surfingen er gået planmæssigt :-) håber maven er helt i orden ac, kom snart på skype igen og tag alexander på cam vil se jer.... hilsen mor

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sikke en omgang AnneClara; dejligt at du lyder frisk igen - så husk det nu: masser af fluids - bare det er rent, kogt og mere eller mindre alkoholfrit!!!
    Nyd ferien midt i det hele. Kærligst Kirsten

    ReplyDelete
  5. hej i to! that needle ordeal sounds horrible! I've tried a fluid drip and man are they uncomfortable to get inserted... i feel for ya ac!

    ReplyDelete