Feb 9, 2010

Weekend in Cusco

Saturday morning we headed off to Cusco to spend the weekend. Alex went with James very, very early in the morning to watch a football game - only to find that the pub where they were supposed to watch the game, was closed.

I slept a couple of hours longer and went with Jaime to Cusco, where we met with the other two, had a great lunch, and then we went to do some shopping in the markets.

Afterwards we went to meet up with Maddie at our hostel, and we had dinner at a weird place that had no idea whatsoever of cooking. Then we went to a couple of cafés and clubs, including an amazing place with some sort of fairytale theme. When you got in the restaurant/café, you took a hat and/or a funny tie, and you could go sit down in comfortable couches and pillows. I had a drink containing passionfruit, milk, ice, rhum and a secret! Such a great place.

We ended up in a crowded club - the only one that was crowded I guess, since the rest of Cusco was quite empty because of Machu Picchu closing in february. It got quite late, and I might have had a drink or two that I should not have had, 'cause I was quite hungover when we woke up sunday (blaming it partly on the altitude, of course...).

Sander was too, and he managed to go to the markets with the others, but I was soooo tired I had to go home and get some sleep. Terrible, terrible ride in the collectivo (taxi from Cusco to Urubamba), as they drive insanely fast and the roads are not exactly the best ones.
When Sander walked into our room, he declared that he had spent a lot of money buying three instruments, including a little guitar, and I couldn´t help laughing. I felt a lot better, and the rest of the day was spent eating, relaxing, reading and making pancakes (which, of course, was eaten with peanut butter, as we are living with to americans :D)

5 comments:

  1. Hello AC og Alexander! Fantastisk, keep up the good spirit - men please ikke flere guitarer Alex! I bliver fantastiske til det spanske sprog inden ret længe - jeg lærte chauffør spansk på vej til grisefest og I taler det i dagligdagen og får det via børnene, det er den bedste måde. Og desuden ligger det ikke så langt fra det franske, som Alex er ekspert i! Fortsæt det fantastiske arbejde - I gør en forskel! Knus fra Michael og Lone

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hej Sander og AC.Det lyder som om I har haft en god tid i Cusco med hangover og alt hvad dertil hører. nu håber jeg ikke I begynder at skrive på spansk for så fanger jeg kun det med cerveza.
    Det lyder som om I ikke skal tilbringe så megen tid på vejene det virker ikke helt sikkert men til gengæld meget spændende.
    knus fra Leif

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey!! sounds like an awesome place!! :P and i can't wait to see all these things sn's buying!! :) :) It really sounds like you guys are having a great time and I'm so excited to hear it :)
    rigtige mange kærlige hilsner - Amalie :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. peanut butter! how awesome! was it jiff's crunchy or smooth spread? anyways,... sund! you already have a pair of guitars at home! all im gonna say is, you better learn a peruvian folk song before you leave ;) and then play it for me whem you get home :D cant wait to read and maybe see more :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. twas smooth spread, senor dal.

    ReplyDelete